LinkedIn was founded in 2002 as a networking platform for professionals. LinkedIn began its journey as a “social media platform for professionals” and quickly grew to be one of the most popular job boards and marketing platforms today for individuals and business professionals.
It is a great platform for anyone, no matter your stage in life. This platform has over 760,000,000 members in 150 countries. You can’t afford not to use it.
What is LinkedIn Marketing?
LinkedIn conducted a study and found that 93% of B2B marketers believe LinkedIn is the best platform for lead generation. Inside View reports that LinkedIn generates more leads than Twitter, Facebook, or blogging.
Without LinkedIn marketing, this won’t happen.
What actually is LinkedIn Marketing? How we can define it?
LinkedIn Marketing can be described as the strategies that are used by individuals to reach their conversion goals. This could be a marketer, an established company, or a freelancer. Although ‘LinkedIn Marketing’ is often associated with B2B marketing efforts, the term is more inclusive and comprehensive than we realize.
LinkedIn marketing isn’t just for business owners. Local businesses, job seekers, bloggers, and podcasters and thrift store owners, and rookie marketers engage in LinkedIn marketing to achieve their goals.
Therefore, we can say that LinkedIn marketing is any paid advertising campaign or networking strategy, as well as content marketing initiatives and business InMails, which are tailored to meet a goal, is referred to.
What is the importance of a B2B LinkedIn Marketing Strategy?
LinkedIn is not a place to purchase something. LinkedIn is a place where everyone comes to advance their career and plan for the future. It is not possible to sell, even though the platform has a stellar reputation for being a top B2B lead generation platform. Cold emails and constant messaging are not the best options.
A sales funnel is essential. For each communication from your target customers, you will need to prepare a sales funnel. Without coming off as a salesman, you will need to think quickly and be able to sell and convert.
It is best to decide how you approach your target audience via LinkedIn and what steps you will take in order to convert them. This strategy can be described loosely as a B2B LinkedIn marketing strategy. The strategy will vary depending on the objective or niche of each LinkedIn marketer.
It is essential to have a LinkedIn B2B Marketing Strategy. This strategy will help you get closer to your LinkedIn goals and business goals. This is important because it allows you to create a plan of action.
Also read about App Store Optimization (ASO)
Best Practices For LinkedIn B2B Marketing
Top 13 Tips to optimize your Linkedin for Business Marketing
If you don’t know anything about how to do LinkedIn marketing, we are here to help you. Read the tips to use LinkedIn for business marketing:
Tip 1: Create a company profile page
The very first thing you need to do is create a company page. Luckily, it is a very easy to create a company page. Just follow these steps:
- On the LinkedIn homepage click on work icon at the top right corner.
- Then, Click on the ‘create a company page’ and you can choose an option from the drop-down list. Four options will come up:
- Small business
- Medium to large business
- Showcase Page
- Educational Institution
- Choose the option that best describes your company.
- Once you have completed this, complete the basic information, such as your page identity, company name, and profile details.
- You must have an authorized email address and a company. LinkedIn won’t allow you to create a business profile without this.
- Once you have completed your information correctly, click the verification button. This will confirm that the account can be operated on behalf of your company.
- After you have checked the box, click the “Create” button. Once you click this button, your company account or the page will be created. Congratulations!
- After your company is created, you can select the “Start building your page” option to personalize your company information. This is similar to creating a LinkedIn profile. It is important to complete all details accurately.
Tip 2: Define your audience and goals
After you have created your LinkedIn company page, it is time to identify your target audience. These are questions you should ask yourself:
What are you looking to accomplish with LinkedIn? Who will you be able to benefit from your LinkedIn connections?
Your work is only half done once you have the answers. Now all you need to do is put your focus on creating a strategy that works, and turning Linkedin into a money-making machine.
Tip 3: Write accurate profile information and update it regularly
LinkedIn is more than just a place to connect with people. You must do more.
Most people make the common mistake of updating incorrect profile information. If you want to leverage this platform to help your business goals, and make it an effective tool for marketing, this is a mistake that you cannot afford to make.
These are some tips to help optimize your LinkedIn business and personal profile.
- Complete all information accurately
- Ensure that your information about yourself in your personal profile and your business account is accurate.
- You can update information whenever you feel the need. Keep your profile updated with the most recent information, such as your jobs and professional engagements.
- Your business profile should be professional. You must ensure that your company profile is professional, from choosing the correct company logo to updating company names, descriptions, and banner photos.
Tip 4: Personalize the URL of your LinkedIn Page
LinkedIn provides a standard URL for all company and profile pages. It looks something like this:www.linkedin.com/firstname–lastname/276372634
This is your job: Give your pages an identity. Personalizing your company profile URL is one way to achieve this. These are some tips to get you started.
- You can personalize your URL and rebrand your company if you are the CTO.
- Local searches can be further personalized by personalizing your URL by including your current hometown in the URL. This will allow established business owners as well as startup owners to easily find you on LinkedIn when they are searching for CTOs with experience.
Here are some steps to help you get your URL right.
- Step 1: Click on the Me icon at top of your LinkedIn homepage
- Step 2: Click on View Profile.
- Step 3: Click on Edit public profile and URL in the right rail.
- Step 4: In the right rail, click on Edit your custom URL
- Step 5: Enter your custom URL in the text box, and then click on Save.
Tip 5: Update LinkedIn Images
Images are often more powerful than words, as it has been said. Images communicate information faster than textual information and capture the emotions of the audience.
Images are a great way to express your identity on LinkedIn.
Follow the mentioned steps in order to improve your image.
Personal ProfileChoose a mugshot of yourself with a light background. Choose a photo where you are smiling. This will make you more approachable and encourage people to reach out to you. Choose a banner image that explains what you do. Write a list of your top talents and include logos from any companies with which you have worked.
To view a company profile it’s easy to update your company profile pictures. Use logo as your company’s profile picture. Create a banner that represents your company and sells it.
Tip 6: Optimize your company page for humans and search engines
Search engines respond to keywords, while humans respond to images and text that are compelling. Your company page’s content strategy should combine both.
These are some tips to help you optimize the company page for search engines and humans.
Optimizing your company’s page for people: Write a captivating title and description. The description should be concise, clear, and to the point. Avoid writing long descriptions that aren’t necessary and don’t seem like they’re going anywhere.
You should communicate your key message in just one or two sentences. This will make your company page more appealing to human visitors. It will also encourage them to search you out and send a business inquiry if your page interests them.
Optimizing your company’s page for LinkedIn Search and other search engines: Your company can be found on LinkedIn and other search engines. People searching for a marketing agency might type in something like “best marketing agency” or “top marketing agencies in XYZ”.
Your company page’s keyword effectiveness will determine whether it appears first or last in both search results. You should identify the most popular keywords in your business niche to optimize your pages.